1. Terms and Conditions
Marios Jewellers is a business in the Jewellery industry that design and sale fine jewellery and stock prestigious time piece brands : Omega, Mont Blanc, Longines, RADO, Hamilton and Tissot
We manufacture customised jewellery as well as offer restoration and refurbishment services.
Marios Jewellers shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from:
Payment may be made via Visa, MasterCard, Diners or American Express Cards or by bank transfer into the Marios Jewellers bank account, the details of which will be provided on request.
Card transactions will be acquired for Marios Jewellers via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
Customer details will be stored by (Your Company) separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
Marios Jewellers takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website,customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Marios Jewellers chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, Marios Jewellers,P O Box 215, Milnerton, 7446
Marios Jewellers may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
This website is run by Marios Jewellers (close corporation) based in South Africa trading as
Marios Jewellers and with registration number CK1988/07997/23 and Marios Theodoropoulos. And Lucinda Theodoropoulos
A. Terms and Conditions Manufacturing of Jewellery
We require a deposit of 50% to confirm the order for specialized jewellery to be provided. We may impose a cancellation fee in the event of cancellation before delivery. The fee will depend on the nature of the order, the length of notice of cancellation before delivery, the reasonable potential to find alternative clients for the order and the reason for cancellation. No refunds on deposits in the event of cancellation for already ordered/made Special–Order Goods.
Whilst times for the availability of the jewellery are given in good faith and Marios Jewellers will use every endeavour to comply therewith, no responsibility can be accepted for any loss or damage incurred by the Client on account of any delay in timeously supply of such jewellery arising out of any circumstances beyond Marios Jewellers control, which circumstances will include, but in no way be limited to:
- any delays in the supply of jewellery by Marios Jeweller’s Suppliers which cannot be directly or indirectly attributed to them;
- any delay due to freight services;
- the client not providing Marios Jewellers with necessary information in order to determine the specifications of the jewellery to be provided;
- if the balance of the contract price payable on date of reservation is not paid on date that the jewellery are to be available.
Marios Jewellers will communicate unavoidable delay in the delivery.
I, the undersigned, acknowledges the risk involved in the supplying of jewellery by Marios Jewellers and hereby indemnify the supplier against claims for harm/damage cause to me/ due to reasons beyond the reasonable control or unintentional act of any person, whether or not in the employ of the supplier. This will any economical lost pertaining to the harm/damage caused.
Marios Jewellers reserves their right to suspend delivery of any orders in the event that payment for such orders is not made on time. In the circumstances where payment is outstanding for a period exceeding 30 days from date of statement Marios Jewellers will charge interest at a rate not exceeding 2% per month or as per the maximum rate determined by the National Credit Act from time to time on overdue payments.
All accounts older than 30 days will be handed over for collection and will the Customer be liable to pay all legal fees with regard to the collection of such outstanding amounts on a fees scale as determined by the court of law/tribunal where the collection matter will be adjudicated.
The Customer hereby agrees to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate Court in the event that any outstanding amount is handed over for collection, although such Magistrate Court may normally not have jurisdiction in the matter.
B. Terms and Conditions Jewellery Repairs
- 1.1. Marios Jewellers has the right to request a deposit in circumstances of repair or adjustment services. The client has the right to cancel the service at any time, unless the goods ordered for repair or adjustment services are special-ordered goods. Special ordered goods may not be cancelled and the full charge will be charged for goods already ordered. Marios Jewellers may also charge a cancellation fee for cancellation of other general goods or service. The fee will depend but not limited to the labour for the work carried out up to time of the cancellation, a reassembling fee if required and the cost for all accessories and consumables installed
- 1.2. The client has the right on completion of the repair or adjustment service to examine the repair and adjustment service at the premises of the client. Should the jewellery be damaged during the examination thereof as a result of my recklessness or deliberate behaviour, gross negligence or criminal conduct, the client will be liable for the payment of the authorised work and the cost for repair of the damage and indemnify Marios Jewellers for any loss, damage or injury
- 1.3. The risk of damage or loss of the jewellery will remain the clients risk after delivery of the jewellery subsequent to the necessary alterations or repair services and Marios Jewellers will only be responsible for any loss, directly or indirectly because of Marios Jewellers gross negligence
- 1.4. The time and date of completion of the service is an estimate due to availability of parts, possible other additional pre-authorised work to be performed and Marios Jewellers therefore does not warrant the exact dates and times
- 2.1. Marios Jewellers warrants every new or reconditioned accessories fitted during any repair or adjustment services, and the labour required installing it, for a period of three months after date of instillation or such longer period as the original manufacturer may specify in writing
- 2.2. The warranty will be void if the client has subject the accessory, or the jewellery in which it was installed, to misuse and abuse and if the accessories or jewellery was altered by someone else other than Marios Jewellers.
- 2.3. The warranty will be void if the client has failed to use repaired or adjusted jewellery in accordance with the instructions and specifications of Marios Jewellers.
- 2.4. The warranty does not apply to ordinary wear and tear, having regard to the circumstances in which the jewellery are intended to ordinary be used
- 2.5 The client is entitled to receive the old/used accessories in a clean container. I the client wants the old accessories (client signature if client want old accessories) _____________, unless the accessories is part of a warranty claim or it is against national legislation that requires disposal of the old/use accessories in a specific manner.